MCX Sales for the Month of December
Perfect Gifts Sale - December 3 -9
Features “One Big Day” on Saturday December 6 when the doors open at 8AM!
Customer Appreciation Sale
December 10 – 16
Free coffee, fountain sodas and doughnuts starting at 6:30 AM on Wednesday December 10! Ad features $5, $10, $25 Money Saving Coupons! Saturday December 13 all day Doorbusters when the doors open at 8AM.
Last Minute Gifts Sale
December 17 – 24
Bargains for last minute shoppers! Earn $5 in Holiday Bucks for every $50 you spend!
After Christmas Sale
Starts December 26
Check out the MCX Service Station
December Special for
* Most Vehicles
Cooling System Drain And Fill
One Gallon Of Antifreeze Included
Additional Antifreeze And Parts Extra
TOW to GO 2014-15
AAA Tidewater Virginia will once again offer its TOW to GO service in the Hampton Roads community this holiday season. The goal of the program is to provide a safe alternative to drinking and driving on area roads.
TOW to GO is available from October 31, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. until 6:00 a.m. on January 1, 2015. The service is FREE and available to both AAA members and non-members. Reservations are not accepted. Tows are available within the greater Hampton Roads area only. Call (757) 631-1700 or
December is National Drunk and Drugged Driving Prevention Month
Every 51 minutes someone dies in a motor vehicle accident involving an alcohol impaired driver. That is 30 people a day. That's almost 11,000 people a year which is about the size of small town.
How big is the problem?
· 20% of traffic deaths among children ages 0-14 involve an alcohol impaired driver
· In 2010, 112 million people self-reported episodes in which they drove impaired by alcohol. In that same year, only 1.4 million people were arrested for DUI of alcohol or narcotics. That's only 1% of the number of self-reported incidences
· Drugs other than alcohol (e.g., marijuana and cocaine) are involved in about 18% of motor vehicle driver deaths
What safety steps can individuals take?
Whenever your social plans involve alcohol, make plans so that you don't have to drive after drinking. For example:
· Prior to any drinking, designate a non-drinking driver when with a group.
· Don't let your friends drive impaired. Take their keys away.
· If you have been drinking, get a ride home or call a taxi.
· If you're hosting a party where alcohol will be served, remind your guests to plan ahead and designate their sober driver; offer alcohol-free beverages; and make sure all guests leave with a sober driver.
Reference: CDC Injury Prevention and Control: Motor Vehicle Safety